STOP! RIGHT NOW! And pay attention.
Self care is all about loving YOU. Allowing YOU to be who YOU are, who YOU are meant to be. Nurturing, loving, feeling, caring, loved. You are the most important person in your world. You need to take care of you so you can take care of those around you.
When you actually realise this you will begin to see how beneficial self-care is and life will become just that little bit easier. Your energy flow is more harmonious and things that once troubled you become mere trifles.
There are so many benefits...
- Your mind and body slows down and relaxes
- A wonderful new positivity surrounds you
- You get to experience precious time with your inner self
- You feel more at one with everything around you
- You feel healthy and good about yourself and your body
- Peace, calm and tranquillity become the norm
- You no longer feel like you're taken for granted
- Improved quality of life
- Feeling more energized
- Enjoy doing your favourite things
- You become more creative
- Balance and harmony flow over you
Here are a few ideas to get you started.
- Take a bath. Turn off your phone. Pour in some luxurious foamy bubbles, light a candle, lie down and relax. Throw in some petals or a drop or two of essential oils. Let all your cares melt away and imagine there is no one in the world but you.
- Connect with nature. Get outside. If only for a few minutes. Walk barefoot and feel the grass between your toes and make a strong connection with Mother earth. Absorb the sunshine and let the warmth envelop you.
- Hug a tree. Yes. Hug a tree. Find a peaceful place and hug away. Gain strength from its vibration and let its energy wrap around you.
- Book time. Grab your favourite book, remove any distractions and lose yourself in the pages.
- Journal. Treat yourself to a pretty journal and some writing tools (I love stationery and pens!). Find yourself a sacred space and write down your thoughts. If you need to forgive someone for having wronged you this can help with releasing pent up emotions towards them. Write down everything you feel and then burn or bury the paper. Let 'them' go.
- Socialise. Call a friend you haven't seen for a while and meet up for coffee and a cake. Gossip to your hearts content and put the world to right.
- Meditate. You only need 10 to 20 minutes per day to meditate effectively. Find a quiet space, shut your eyes, sit quietly and feel the peace. There are many guided meditations available online if you need the structure to follow.
(You'll find my FREE Relaxation, de-stress and unwind meditation a good place to start: http://www.tranquilitie.co.uk/#!free-meditation/c2ob )
- Dance like no ones watching. Put on your favourite track, crank up the volume and let yourself go. No ones watching, I promise.
- Nap time! After all that dancing you may just need a nap. It's fine. Go ahead. 20 minutes is optimum. I give you permission. Go on. Rest your head... Are you still awake?
- De-clutter. You'd be amazed at how much clarity of mind and feelings of freedom you can get from a simple de-clutter. If only 10 minutes a day. Tidy a shelf, recycle your old clothes, move anything on that you haven't used or touched in forever. You obviously no longer need it. Be free!
- Gratitude jar. Herein lies another blog but for now... Source yourself a pretty box, a jar, an old biscuit tin; anything you like the look of. Every day write down on a piece of paper something that you are grateful for. The more you do this the more you will realise what you already have to be thankful for in your life.
- Splurge! Go and treat yourself to something special. It doesn't have to cost the earth. Maybe a new lipstick or a bottle of perfume, a new top. A small luxury. You are worth the investment.
- Eat healthfully. Enjoy eating plenty of fruit and vegetables, green fruit teas and home-made smoothies. Your body will thank you and your mind will be nourished.
- Self praise. Thank you for being YOU. Just who you are, right now. You are sacred, valued and loved. Know it.
- Have a self date. Yep. A date. With yourself. Screwy as it may sound, spending a little quality time away from work / home can work wonders. Book a night out in a local hotel or B & B, take your favourite book, music, movie and settle down to an evening or pure time indulgence. Take yourself off to the cinema and a meal. Or if you really can't spare a whole evening grab some coffee and cake in your local cafe, snuggle down on the sofa and let your mind wander.
Blessings and light,
YOU MAY ALSO LOVE:
My free eBook:
"Meditation Made Easy ~ 10 Steps to a New You"
(This is a sign up to our newsletter. Let all our latest info, blogs and offers pop straight into your inbox).
A step by step, all you need to know guide to get you started on a path of inner clarity, relaxation and peace.
See http://www.tranquilitie.co.uk/ for more self-care ideas - Holistic therapies and spiritual wellness.